Contact for Purchase: txfaux@yahoo.com . Most of these items can be found & are available for purchase at the Frou Frou Galore Shop in Old Town Spring.



Thursday, May 10, 2012

Off the Beaten Path!

I have a morning route of places I go in search of the old, vintage, disgarded, broken-down & used up. 
Heading into Tomball town that morning I took a short-cut which took me back behind a strip-center of shops where they keep the dumpsters & other back-ally stuff. As I was quickly driving thru trying to get to where I really needed to go I spotted something up ahead.  As I got closer I saw it was 4 chairs.  I got out & quickly inspected them for anything I wouldn't want to be trapped in my vehicle with.  They were pretty dirty but I discovered that the frames were SOLID and that the chairs were surprising HEAVY!!
It took me a while to finally get to them as I wasn't really inspired by their style & the seats needed to be completely redone.  I took them apart & threw away the old seats.  A friend of mine cut & gave me wood to rebuild the seats & I purchased 4 new cushions for the seats. 
After some Painting & Recovering with some Ralph Lauren fabric I already had, this is how they turned out!
4-Solid Pine Chairs
SOLD!! /  Frou Frou Galore in OLD TOWN SPRING!





No comments:

Post a Comment