Contact for Purchase: txfaux@yahoo.com . Most of these items can be found & are available for purchase at the Frou Frou Galore Shop in Old Town Spring.



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

French Country Table & Chairs with Hutch! -Custom order makeover

A lady contacted me after seeing my french-country painted pieces online & asked if I would makeover her vintage finds.  She loved my combination of refinished dark stained wood along with my country-cream finish.  I was happy to take on her pieces which included a pedestal table with 5 chairs & a hutch.  I'm sharing with ya'll how they turned out & I hope you like the results! 
Congratulations Carrie & Greg on the purchase of your new home.

After a few minor repairs this piece was ready for its transformation.  After refinishing the top of the base chest, I decided to refinish the doors as well.  I thought it would "marry" the 2 pieces better & add more richness to their look.  I also painted the backing & insides of the top cabinet a shade darker for a subtle contrast.  I thought this would be a sharp look as I didn't want it to look like plain ol' kitchen cabinets.


Pretty with dishes!

The original hardware was fine so I just put everything back in place.

Ready for dishes & display pieces!

 


BEFORE

AFTER

5-CHAIRS were Redone in FRENCH-COUNTRY Style
























The table top was refinished & stained dark & the base was hand-painted & finished with a lovely French Wax giving it a subtle satiny glow.  The owners have iron details in their home so I left the metal scrolled pieces original to the piece to go with their decor.
Thanks!! Carrie & Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment